If you like NetEnt slots, you are going to love the Superstars slot. This game has 5 reels, 5 rows and 45 paylines, and stars many of the characters and themes from NetEnt’s top slots all in one game.
For the best action, you need to get into the Bonus Game feature which looks a bit like a Monopoly board. You roll the dice and move your counter to trigger the various character and Wheel features.
If you make it all the way to the Final Game, the bet multipliers go up a level with a max win of 4,596x your bet up for grabs. That’s about the same level as the Boat Bonanza slot from Play ‘n GO.
Look and Feel
The action takes place on a bright and colourful 5×5 grid powering 45 fixed paylines, a far cry from the 9 Mad Hats slot and other more traditional 5 reelers.
To trigger a win, match 3 or more symbols from left to right, beginning from reel 1, across any of the paylines.
In certain jurisdictions (not UK), you can spin on auto (up to 1000 spins) or hit the Turbo button for fast play.
This game come in with a medium to high volatility. There’s a fiesta going on and all of NetEnt’s main stars are invited.
This game is a riot of colour with a rainbow in the background, and the soundtrack is straight out of a cheesy nightlclub.
HD graphics include the Starburst Wild, Lady Pig from Piggy Riches, Finn from Finn and the Swirly Spin, Brute from Space Wars, Gonzo and the usual playing card royals that make up the lower paying symbols.
Topping the pay list is the Starburst star. 3, 4 or 5 on a payline will award 1, 2 or 5 x your total bet. There is also a Wild symbol which will substitute for all other symbols except the Diamond Scatter and Dice.
It’s in the bonus round that this game comes into its own and stands out against the crowd. There are no less than seventeen bonus features.
Once you get into the bonus, a second screen will load up with multiplier prizes and Dice. Roll the dice to move your counter around the board game and try and land on the various characters who will set off their bonus features.
You will need to land 3 or more Diamond Scatter symbols anywhere on the reels to trigger the bonus game. You can also buy your way into the bonus in certain jurisdictions (not UK), but this can be expensive (150x your bet).
The scatters remain in position as random multiplier wins (between 1x to 25x your bet. You will get 3 free spins and on the reels, only random multiplier wins (up to 25 x bet) and Dice symbols appear. These freeze in place until the end of the bonus or if the Finn feature is activated.
When you win a random bet multiplier, that position freezes and the free spins counter resets back to 3 (or 4 if you set off the Extra Spins feature).
If you land a Dice symbol, you get 1 dice roll. Tap or click on the dice to roll it and move your board token from 1 to 6 squares on the board. Half of the board squares trigger a Bonus feature.
Bonus Features on the Board
– Finn: adds up to +5 on the multipliers across a maximum of 5 prizes on the reels. He flings his umbrella around.
– Gonzo: multiplies by 2x, 3x or 5x on up to 24 prizes. He drops stones on the board.
– Miss Banks up to 5x across a maximum of 15 prizes.
– Space Wars – gets you 3 Re-spins and chooses 3 of the top value prizes to appear. The screen will retune and go fuzzy for a second.
– Starburst – the familiar “whooshing” noise kicks in and 3 prizes are added vertically with up to 5x bet.
– Extra Spins – your maximum number of free spins increases from 3 to 4.
– Extra Life – you get an Extra Life heart that boosts the free spins count to 3 or 4 when it reaches 0.
If all of that wasn’t enough, a Wheel Game feature triggers when your token lands on a Wheel square. Spin the wheel of fortune to determine your prize:
– 1 Die: an additional die is added to the counter.
– 2 Dice: 2 additional dice are added
– +1 All prizes increase by 1.
– Upgrade – Each squares with a Bonus feature get a value of 1 x bet, increasing the value of prizes across the board.
– Random: either the Finn, Gonzo, Miss Banks, Space Wars or Starburst feature will set off.
– Replay:: Finn, Gonzo, Miss Banks, Space Wars or Starburst is triggered.
The Final Game
For the big payout, you will need to fill all positions on the grid- this sets off the “Final Game”. Spots on the board game are charged with prizes of 25, 50, 75, 100, 500 or 1,000 x your total bet. You will only have 2 squares left to produce dice if a token lands on them.
Roll the die (or dice) and move the token collecting prizes or dice as usual.
The Superstars Slot really comes into its own in the Bonus Game. It feels a little bit like the Monopoly slot in this sense, except you are playing with Finn, the Starbursts, plus Gonzo and friends.
If you can fill all of the positions on the reels and get into the Final Game, then this slot moves up another gear and you will be playing for cash prizes up to 1,000x your bet. With a maximum jackpot of 4,596x your bet, this game pulls no punches but it does fall short of the competition in this area.
But it is undoubtedly an entertaining, feature packed slot and good fun once you make it into the feature.
What is the Jackpot on Superstars?
The top win is 4,596x your bet. You will need to get into the Bonus Game feature and make it all the way to the Final Game for the bet multiplier prizes.