How to Play Monopoly Megaways
The board game everyone loves to hate has been turned into a slot by Big Time Gaming that promises exciting gameplay using the popular Megaways mechanic. There are multiple references to the original game here, including imagery and bonus features that allow players the opportunity to land big payouts.
Whether you’ve enjoyed or hated the board game in the past, if you’re looking to play Monopoly Megaways, this guide will help. You can also find out what Monopoly Megaways is by reading our other article on this slot game.
Play Monopoly Megaways
The look of this slot takes a lot of inspiration from the original board game with the classic pale green background of properties used behind the reels. A darker green displays the outlines of a city skyscape backdrop of various skyscrapers that works well with the game setting. The 6-reels of play are situated inside a metal frame with multiple features, including the number of active pay lines across the top.
Across the bottom of the screen, a line of property spaces from the original game board can be seen, including Mayfair, Old Kent Road, Community Chest and Income Tax. The play buttons are situated to the right of the grid with arrows to increase or decrease the stake, the spin and auto spin buttons and the main menu where more info and settings are available.
The spin button is in a more prominent green rectangle next to the grid. This allows players to fill the reels with new symbols in a random order, potentially leading to payouts. The Megaways game mechanic means that symbols of different sizes land across the grid, meaning paylines can vary. Each reel can hold between 2 and 7 symbols.
This reel layout can result in the number of paylines used with each spin, offering players 117,649 ways to win. Players can choose the right stake for them via the arrows to the right of the grid. Each spin can stake between £0.10 and £40.
Once the stake is set and the reels spun, it is up to chance which symbols will land and in which order.
- 9 & 10 – Pays out up to 0.4x the stake for 6 across a payline.
- J & Q – Pays out up to 0.5x the stake for 6 across a payline.
- K & A – Pays out up to 0.6x the stake for 6 across a payline.
- Terrier – Pays out up to 0.9x the stake for 6 across a payline.
- Car – Pays out up to 1.5x the stake for 6 across a payline.
- Battleship – Pays out up to 5x the stake for 6 across a payline.
- Top Hat – Pays out up to 50x the stake for 6 across a payline.
- ‘M’ – Wild symbol pays out 50x the stake for 6 across a payline.
Along with the Megaways game mechanic, Monopoly Megaways play uses an equally popular cascading reels feature. This replaces winning symbols across a payline with new, randomly generated ones providing even more winning potential.
Another great feature included here utilises the Monopoly Man character who travels across the properties below the grid with features activated depending on where he lands.
- Go – Promises the highest number of paylines (117,649) on the next spin.
- Train Station – Purchase it, and the next feature triggers a Free Spin.
- Utility – Purchase it, and the next feature triggers a higher win multiplier.
- Community Chest – Move to a property containing 1-4 houses at random.
- Chance – Move to a property containing 1-4 houses at random, trigger the highest number of paylines or enter the Free Spins feature.
- Property – Add a house to this property each time it is landed on.
Finally, players filling a property with 5 houses or via the Chance feature can access the Free Spins feature. Thai rewards players with 8 Free Spins and 1 extra for each house over the 5th and each train station owned.
This feature can retrigger each time an extra 3 Free Spins is rewarded. This means the second Free Spins round awards 11 Free Spins and after that 14 etc. There is also a multiplier included with the Free Spins starting at 1x and increasing 1x for each utility owned and every house on each property landed on.
The Monopoly Man jumps across the board throughout the Free Spins, bringing more game modifiers into play.
- Go – The following Free Spin uses the maximum (117,649) paylines.
- Owned Train Station – 1 extra spin for each station owned.
- Owned Utility – Can increase the multiplier by 1 or 2.
- Community Chest – Move to a property at random.
- Chance – Move to a property at random, also gain 1 more Free Spin with the maximum number of paylines or 5 Free Spins.
- Property – Boost the multiplier by 1 for each house on that property.
Hopefully, now you are more prepared to play Monopoly Megaways and know of the exciting features Big Time Gaming have included. The visual features included do a great job relating to the original game, and we think the mechanics provide an exciting slot title of its own.