The Dead Canary Slot by Nolimit City is a mining extravaganza released in 2022.
We wombats are happy underground, so let’s head deep into the mines with an angry dwarf on the hunt for his one true love (treasure) with the assistance of some trusted canaries.
It comes with an unusual layout, a maximum win of up to x65,000 and high volatility. We expect nothing less from Nolimit City!
In addition, it comes with tons of explosives, multipliers, scatters, free spins, xBombs, xBets and a buy bonus feature (not in all jurisdictions though).
This game is optimised for play on mobile devices, so you can play this slot on the go.
To learn more about how to play and all the various features, keep reading our Dead Canary review.
The game takes us on a new mining gaming adventure. The reels are set right in the heart of the mine, with liquid gold trickling through the bottom of the reels. The soundtrack is pretty eerie as you explore the mine and grab plenty of explosive features.
During regular play, the wild mining feature gets triggered when three to five of the same symbols align diagonally without a winning combination.
The symbols are removed, and a wild replaces the middle position. Three symbols get you one wild bomb, four triggers two and five symbols lands you three wild bombs. The wild bombs also increase the win multiplier by x1 for the next cascade.
The reels are an unusual layout on the Dead Canary slot with a 3-3-2-2-1-1 layout with up to 36 ways to win, and during free spins, the reels can expand to a 4-3-4-3-4-3-4 format. Asymmetric is the name of the game here!
Winning combinations explode, and new symbols fall into place on the reels. To place a bet, your minimum is 0.20, and the maximum is 100.00.
The lower value symbols include the 10, J, Q, K and A. You need three matching symbols and six lower-paying symbols that pay between 1x to 1.5x of the bet. The higher paying are the compass, the bottle, the rope, the rat and the angry dwarf. For these symbols, you will get between 2x and 7.5x your bet.
It is hard to keep up with Dead Canary with all the action happening on the reels, so let us take a look at what it offers:
xBomb Wild Multiplier
These explode with symbols in a cross pattern except other symbols and xBombs, increasing the multiplier by 1x for each successive win.
This will cost you an extra 40% on each spin, but you get a guaranteed scatter symbol on each drop, and the first barrier on the reels unlocks.
Canary Free Spins
During regular play, a minimum of three scatters trigger the Canary free spins. There are two scatter symbols, the silver and gold cage. The reels expand to a 4-3-4-3-4-3-4 layout, and there are four locked vaults in each corner. The vaults are unlocked with xBomb explosions.
Canary scatters start with an x1 multiplier and collect coins, multipliers, upgrades, the rat and the dwarf enhancer.
– Silver cage Scatters: Collect them from themselves in an x-shape
– Gold cage Scatters: Collect them from themselves in an x-shape from entire rows. Scatters get you 3 hit points which are only collected if the canary dies. xBombs and gas cause the xBombs to lose a point, and when the bird dies, it will also respawn in its cage.
– Coin Values: These range from 1x to 100x.
– Bomb: It removes 1 life from the scatter symbols and opens up vaults. Then, it resets the number of spins to 3 and explodes into an x-pattern.
– Multipliers = Can either double or triple the accumulated value of the vaults and scatters.
– Gas: All canaries adjacent to the gas will lose 1 life.
– Dwarf: This symbol can be collected with 1 scatter symbol and collects values from other scatter on every spin until it dies. When it dies, the canary will respawn in its cage.
– Rat: This, together with a scatter, keeps paying until it dies, adding an extra life.
– Vault: The vaults are unlocked during xBomb explosions. When these vaults open, you collect all the multipliers at the end of the bonus round.
– Upgrade: upgrades the silver cage scatter symbols to gold and adds a life.
In some jurisdictions (not the UK), you can buy the free spins features for between 60x to 500x your bet.
Dead Canary is an unusual game with an attractive layout and new, funky features. The stand-out feature is the maximum win of 65,000x which is big, even for a Nolimit City slot. A lot is going on, and there are many ways to keep yourself entertained in this slot game.
Test it out in demo mode first to keep to grips with all the features, and then play for real money to go for wins.
Wombat Score: 4.7/5
What is the Big Story on the Big Canary slot?
The big news on this game has to be that huge 65,000x your bet maximum win. Stratospheric!
What is an xBet?
You can turn on the xBet feature in the base game, and it will set you back 40 % more per spin. The first blocked row will be unlocked, and you get a guaranteed scatter per spin which doubles your chance of getting into the bonus. Note that this feature is not available in all jurisdictions.