How to Play Rise of Olympus
Are you looking for a new slot game to get your teeth into?
In this article we are going to take a look at a Play’n GO Greek mythology slot that has some exciting features and is becoming a firm fan’s favourite at Wombat Casino.
What is Rise of Olympus?
This Play’n Go slot was released in 2018 and is played off a 5×5 grid filled with symbols relating to Greek gods and their powers. The background shows a bright setting on top of Mount Olympus, the home of the gods, with a blanket of clouds spread beneath the summit. It’s all very celestial in other words.
You can play Rise of Olympus on the demo to get to grips with the game before playing for real. Several bonus features are included in this slot, with gods like Zeus, Hades and Poseidon bringing individual bonus features into play.
There is a Free Spins round and multipliers are triggered from a Wrath of Olympus feature. All things to watch out for, but how do they work?
How to Play Rise of Olympus
Spin the reels and try and land three or more matching symbols across a pay-line.
The symbols include Zeus, Hades, and Poseidon, plus the lower value thunderbolt, trident and helmet of invisibility, and Hermes’ harp.
There is also a Golden Pegasus Wild symbol with the highest payout. This symbol substitutes for other symbols to complete winning combinations.
The bonus features can trigger at any moment, including the individual Hand of God bonuses that sets off with each non-winning spin. The god you will see is triggered at random and include:
- Hades – Transforms a set of symbols on the grid into others, potentially leading to larger winning combinations.
- Poseidon – Adds more Wild symbols to the reels, which can be used to complete winning combinations in either direction.
- Zeus – Destroys two sets of symbols randomly from the grid, leaving spaces for new ones helping you to make up wins.
You need to fill the reel on the screen’s bottom-left to activate the Wrath of Olympus bonus feature. This is set off by landing combinations of 3, 4, or 5 of either the lightning bolt, trident or helmet symbols on the grid.
All 3 of the gods will then unleash their power on the reels individually. A multiplier is available here that will award 1x – 5x multipliers when the wheel is filled.
The Free Spins round is set off when the entire grid is clear of symbols. You You have a choice of feature. These include:
- Hades – 4 Free Spins, during which the Hand of God bonus is activated with every unsuccessful spin. Filling the Wrath of Olympus metre here will award a further 4 Free Spins.
- Poseidon – 3 Free Spins with the Poseidon Hand of God feature active in every unsuccessful spin. Fill the Wrath of Olympus metre for an extra 3 Free Spins.
- Zeus – 8 Free Spins incorporating the Zeus Hand of God feature and more randomly triggered bonuses. Fill the Wrath of Olympus metre for another 2 spins.
Hopefully, this has been helpful for players looking to enjoy the Rise of Olympus slot. Still unsure? Use the Rise of Olympus demo before playing for real and get a feel for the game play yourself.