How to Play Rise of Olympus
Are you looking for a new slot game to enjoy? If you didn’t know already, Play’n Go has a Greek mythology-based slot that includes some exciting features and has become a fan’s favourite at Wombat Casino.
Wombats that want to make the most of the Rise of Olympus slot will want to know as much about the game play as possible. Along with the free Rise of Olympus demo, this guide should be helpful. You can also check out our top 5 Play’n Go slots list whilst you’re here!
What is Rise of Olympus?
This Play’n Go slot was released in 2018 and is played off a 5×5 grid filled with symbols relating to Greek gods and their powers. The background shows a sunny setting on top of Mount Olympus, the home of the gods, as a blanket of clouds spread beneath the mountain top. Very celestial in other words.
You can play the main game and bonus features in the Rise of Olympus demo version to gain experience before playing for real. Several bonus features are included in the game, with gods like Zeus, Hades and Poseidon bringing their individual features into play. There is also a Free Spins round and multipliers are triggered from a Wrath of Olympus feature: one to watch out for, but how do they work?
How to play Rise of Olympus
Enjoying the main game in Rise of Olympus is simple. Players need only spin the reels with the hope of landing three or more matching symbols across a line. The symbols include Zeus, Hades, and Poseidon, with lower payouts available from the thunderbolt, trident and helmet of invisibility, and Hermes harp. There is also a Golden Pegasus Wild symbol that brings the highest main payout and substitutes for other symbols to complete winning combinations.
The bonus features included here can come into play at any moment, including the individual Hand of God bonuses triggered with each non-winning spin. Which bonus comes into play is triggered randomly. These include:
- Hades – Transforms a set of symbols on the grid into another, potentially leading to large winning combinations.
- Poseidon – Adds more Wild symbols to the reels, which can be used to complete winning combinations in either direction.
- Zeus – Destroys two sets of symbols randomly from the grid, leaving spaces filled by new ones making combinations more likely.
You need to fill the reel on the screen’s bottom-left to activate the Wrath of Olympus bonus feature. This bonus is set off by landing combinations of 3, 4, or 5 of either the lightning bolt, trident or helmet symbols on the grid. All 3 of the gods will unleash their power on the reels individually. A multiplier is available here that awards 1x – 5x multipliers when the wheel is filled.
The Free Spins round is accessed when the entire grid is clear of symbols. Players have a choice of the feature they want to use. These include:
- Hades – 4 Free Spins, during which the Hand of God bonus is activated with every unsuccessful spin. Filling the Wrath of Olympus metre here will award a further 4 Free Spins.
- Poseidon – 3 Free Spins with the Poseidon Hand of God feature active in every unsuccessful spin. Fill the Wrath of Olympus metre for an extra 3 Free Spins.
- Zeus – 8 Free Spins incorporating the Zeus Hand of God feature and more randomly triggered bonuses. Fill the Wrath of Olympus metre for another 2 spins.
Hopefully, this has been helpful for players looking to enjoy the Rise of Olympus slot. Still unsure? Use the Rise of Olympus demo before playing for real and get a feel for the game play yourself.