How to Play Book of Dead
Book of Dead is the 3rd release in the Rich Wilde series of slot games released by Play’n Go and arguably the most popular of this series. Rich Wilde slots follow an Indiana Jones-style treasure hunter as he travels the world searching for valuable stones, gold and antiques.
How to Play Book of Dead
Firstly, players should get to grips with the play buttons used in the Book of Dead, such as the paytable button to the far-right, which players can use to view symbol values. The number of coins selected is the bet per payline. Players can change the number of paylines in play between 1 and 10. Players can then use the large blue play button to introduce new symbols across the grid and hope for a payout.
Symbols on the reels that players will hope to land across the paylines and their values include:
- 10, J, Q – Can payout between 0.5x and 10x the stake for between 3 – 5 across a payline.
- K, A – Can payout between 0.55x and 15x the stake for between 3 -5 across a payline.
- Horus, Anubis – Can payout between 0.5x and 75x the stake for between 2 – 5 across a payline.
- Osiris – Can payout between 0.5x and 200x the stake for between 2 – 5 across a payline.
- Rich Wilde – Can payout between 1x and 500x the stake for between 2 – 5 across a payline.
As well as scoring exciting main game payouts as you play Book of Dead, there is also a Free Spins round on offer that players can access. To trigger this feature, players will have to land 3 of the Book Scatter symbols across the play grid; this will also reward between 2x and 200x the stake for 3-5 symbols. This feature can be retriggered infinitely when a further 3 Book Scatters land across the grid.
What’s more exciting during the Free Spins is that a random symbol is chosen as the special expanding symbol during play at the start of the feature. When these land, they expand to fill entire reels during the Free Spins, making it easier to land a combination across a payline.
The maximum payouts also increase during the Free Spins; they become:
- 10, J, Q – Pay out up to 100x the stake.
- K, A – Pay out up to 150x the stake.
- Horus, Anubis – Pay out up to 750x the stake.
- Osiris – Pays out up to 2,000x the stake.
- Rich Wilde – Pays out up to 5,000x the stake.
The Book of Dead slot is relatively easy for newcomers to this series or video slots in general. That is probably one of the reasons why it is so popular. Now that you know more about the Book of Dead, why not try your luck with some spins and experience the excitement of this treasure-filled slot. Check out other games in the Rich Wilde and Cat Wilde series for different settings, features, and payouts.